First off, I’m so, so, so happy you’re here because you’ve become the witness to the next steps of my creative journey. I think most of you reading this have come here straight from Instagram and I just want to thank you from the bottom of my heart. It’s because you are the ones that have helped me take this step and probably any other future steps I decide take.
You guys have been nothing but the most encouraging, the most amazing and the kindest of souls. I am lucky to be part of your community.
About this Blog
I used to blog a long time ago and it was an angst-filled rambling of a whiny teenager. I’m glad I wiped that clean off the internet. I can promise you right now that this site here will be not angst-filled, the exception will be when my niece decides to “add” her own touch to my paintings. I will rage and whine like no tomorrow. Let’s hope it doesn’t happen. Instead, here are my intentions for this site:
- I want it to be a source of inspiration for you.
- I want to candidly and honestly share the accomplishments and issues I or any artists face and hopefully create an open and space for us to discuss. (ok, I lied, there will be angst)
- I want it to be filled with amazing resources and insights for you so that you are able to use them in your work
- I want this to be an archive of my work and progress and as an artist and lastly,
- I will post at least once a week here because my art still takes precedence. I also will send out a monthly newsletter filled with amazing content that won’t be posted here, so if you want in on that, you can sign up for The Studio Newsletters. I promise it will be kick-ass.
What’s In Store for the Future
I have this irrational fear of sharing my plans. Not because I’m afraid that people will steal my ideas, it’s because I’m afraid that they won’t come true. So I’m going to keep it short and sweet.
Workshops, events and selling my art.
I am in the process of planning all that and I will reveal and launch it all in good time. You will be the first to know of it.
There are so many more things I want to say and again I really can’t thank you all enough and to show my appreciation and love today, I am running two giveaways and they’re open internationally.
The first one is on my Instagram. I’m giving away a watercolour kit to kick-off your watercolour journey or if you already are painting with watercolour, I hope this kit will be a lovely addition to yours as it has my favourite paints and materials.
The second one is for The Studio Newsletter subscribers. It’s a small pad of 7in by 10in Winsor & Newton watercolour hot pressed, 140lb/300gsm cotton paper. You can sign up for the Studio Newsletter here!
The winners for both giveaways will be announced through the respective channels on 28 February 2018, 20:00 Singapore Time (UTC +8:00) and for full disclosure, all the items I’m giving away are not sponsored and I’ve purchased themselves as way for me to say thank you!